I am going to be honest with you here. This was never meant to be anything flash. I was literally putting everything I had in my cupboard and fridge into a bowl and feeling game enough to eat whatever came out the other side. However, after posting it on Instagram and with a lot of messages to share the recipe I thought I would give you a rough guide of what I did, some other options I want to try and together we can see if we can improve it, new ways to enjoy it and all our bodies can enjoy the benefits.
- 2 cups mashed pumpkin (sweet potato could be really nice too)
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp curry powder (you could play with the spices you use; this was with turmeric, cumin, coriander, mustard)
- 1 cube miso paste (I think you could use a regular stock cube, or just http://premier-pharmacy.com/product-category/cancer/ some salt/tamari/soy sauce)
- Potential additions: grated veg (carrot, zucchini, beetroot—these will go in raw but you could also pre-cook if you prefer some other veg), nuts and seeds (pumpkin would be great!)… it’s really an open book!
- Steam pumpkin until soft. Mash
- Add in spices and miso paste. Stir
- Add in chickpea flour and stir until thick
- Return pan to heat and continue to stir until thicker
- Line a deep tray with cling wrap
- Stir through possible additions here if you choose to make it your own
- Put mixture into tray and place in fridge for 1 hour or as long as you like
- Cut up and serve cold or warm under grill or on a pan
- Serve along with sriracha hot sauce or my turmeric miso tahini sauce and salad for a great protein and nutrients hit!
Enjoy and do let me know if you build upon this recipe!!