If you haven’t noticed already… I have my same ingredients that I use but a lot of the recipes can use anything that you like. I think you could grate anything in these: sweet potato, beetroot, etc. just nothing with too much water! The chickpea flour is key to holding these together and make a lot of spice with any combination… even with fresh garlic, ginger, chilli, herbs would be yummm.
Bean Mix Ingredients
- 150 g carrots, grated
- 150 g parsnips, grated
- 120 g chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp each cumin seeds
- 1 tsp each ground coriander
- 2 tbsp water
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180° C and line a baking tray with baking paper
- In a bowl put grated carrot, parsnip, chickpea flour, spices, salt and pepper and use your hands to mix
- Add in water and mix together. It will look a bit like raw carrot cake mix
- Roll into balls and place on tray
- Bake for 20 minutes, maybe turning over half way
- Serve with salad, my tahini turmeric miso sauce (recipe below) or a homemade relish or however you choose!
Crazy easy!!! You won’t believe it! Have a play and make your own, be sure to tell me how they go!