- 1 cup chickpea flour
- ½ cup water, you may need extra but you want it to be slightly thick
- 1 tbsp curry powder or
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped, chilli, fresh herbs
- 1 tbsp soy sauce/tamari
Any veg you wish grated or chopped; I like to shred spring onion, kale and carrot into mine but the options are endless: peas, spinach, pepper, grated potato, mushroom, etc.
I like to serve mine with some salad made of my favour ingredients: chopped cabbage, spinach, grated carrot and beetroot but this it totally open to your choice!
Nothing is complete to me without my Tahini, miso, turmeric dressing which you can find the recipe below, or even a light balsamic or lemon/oil dressing could be good too. Again… totally up to you!
- In one bowl combine the flour and cold water with a fork, whisking to make a smooth http://premier-pharmacy.com/product-category/skin-care/ batter and adjusting the amount of water to get a good consistency
- Add in your flavour to the chickpea mixture, stirring to spread the goodness!
- Add your chopped bulk veggies and stir to coat all the ingredients
- In a non stick pan place on to medium head and add 2 tbsp dollops, spreading out thinly and evenly
- Pancakes will hold together very well and are ready to turn when holes begin to appear on the surface (normally 3-4 min)
- Flip and cook on the other side for 1 further minute or 2
- Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with salad or whatever you choose and some dressing too
These are dense but delicious. I love them because they are filling, a lot of fun to create and also very cheap and easy.
When you make these be sure to let me know what you use and how they go!