This is one of my all-time favourite meals at the moment. I make this base salad nearly every day. I use this as my lunch or dinner after training as the salty miso dressing is really nice and including the turmeric helps with the inflammation on the body. I enjoy the different textures of the salad and making the taco/seaweed rolls is really fun and forces me to slow down when eating. If I need something faster I will just put the dressing on the salad and enjoy like this.
- 1 chunk of red cabbage roughly cut
- 1-2 carrots, grated
- ½ beetroot grated
- 2 cm ginger, grated
- Nori seaweed sheets/cos lettuce leaves—or both!
- Anything. Make it more filling with some quinoa or rice, add some tuna/tofu, etc.
Place in bowl- ta da! you can make this salad and prepare a big batch for other meals to save time.
- ½ cup tahini/ nut butter
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- A few cracks of black pepper
- 2 peeled garlic clove
- 2 tsp red miso paste
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup boiling water* as much as you want for the correct consistency you enjoy