This has become my signature meal. I make it at all my camps and in my home a lot because it’s quite easy to meet most diet requirements… and everyone loves a good pizza! I make this for dinner and usually I will pre-prepare the bases during the day in between training sessions so it becomes less preparations in the evenings.
Base (makes 2 pizzas)
- 1 cup chickpea flour (also can be known as Besan flour)
- 0.5 cup water
- crack of salt
- I like to add some spices to make it a bit interesting—cumin seeds, curry powder
- Base: tomato paste, hummus (see recipe below), turmeric miso dressing (see recipe above), crack some salt on top and have plain with dip!
- Veggies: anything!! Mushrooms, kale, tomato, capsicum, chilli, roasted vegetable, meats
- Finishing touch: cheese, nutritional yeast, herbs
- Mix all the base ingredients together, stirring to remove lumps and creating a thick batter. Place baking paper onto an oven tray and spread the mixture thinly. Place in the oven at 180 C for 15-20 minutes or until cooked and slightly browned (if using for a plain bread to go with a dip or as a cracker you might like to cook for extra time to crisp up a little more).
- Take out the pizzas and add your toppings
- Place back in the oven for 10 minutes (or if using cheese until it melts)
- Remove and enjoy with salad!