These bowls are so much fun. Really calling them a Buddah bowl is code for ‘whatever we have in the fridge’. I make this a lot because there is really no wrong way to go and it’s easy to make combinations that everyone can enjoy!
- Sweet potato, chopped in chunks
- Red cabbage, roughly chopped
- Carrot, grated
- Beetroot grated
- Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Cooked rice/quinoa
- Broccoli, any veg!
- Cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Tahini miso turmeric dressing
- You could also add some boiled eggs, meat, tofu, fish
- Place sweet potato into the oven at 180 C for 30 minutes. I like to bake my potato fry without oil but if you like it a bit moister http://premier-pharmacy.com/product-category/blood-pressure then add some oil.
- Place drained chickpeas onto a baking tray and sprinkle with some turmeric, cayenne pepper, salt or any spice you choose. Roll them around to pick up all the spice and flavours and also place in the oven with the sweet potato for 20 minutes or until crispy.
- Steam any vegetables or prepare other veggies you have decided to use
- Place cabbage, beetroot, carrot and cooked grains, additional veg into a serving bowl
- Add sweet potato and chickpeas when ready
- Top with hummus, tahini dressing or your own versions! This bowl can be anything!