I live with my Dad and my Brother, and I don’t want to freak them out with making dahl everyday all day and salads so I try to find a balance by taking something they really enjoy (a pizza, a burger) and replacing it with a vegetarian alternative and making sure they are satisfied as well as me (I imagine this the same as having kids 😉 ).This dish was perfect and so wholesome! I would eat this the night before a big training day or race. It’s full with good carbohydrates and good flavours, so also good for recovery!
- 2 cups steamed mashed sweet potato (about 2 large sweet potatoes)
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 – 1 ½ cups cooked brown rice* (or sub cooked quinoa with http://premier-pharmacy.com/product-category/antidepressants/ varied results)
- ½ cup almond meal or I used oat flour
- ½ cup finely diced green onion
- 2 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper (to taste)
Add all ingredients to a mixer and allow it to form a doughy consistency. It doesn’t have to be all mushed up I think it’s nicer tohave some whole beans or big bits of potato, but that’s me!
Create burgers and place on a baking tray with baking paper.
Place in oven at 170 degrees for 30-45 min depending on the size of the patties, flip after 20 mins.
Serve with some bread or with a salad, some avocado, more veggie and a big jug of water. So easy and the rest can freeze for the next days.